Just brewed an Apricot IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimm

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this since it's both a discussion on equipment and a beer recipe.
I just wanted to share my experience brewing on my stand for the first time. I brewed an apricot IPA yesterday, it was the inaugural brew for my brew stand. All in all things went well. I didn't get my cam locks in yet and one of my hose barbs (for the sparge arm bulk head), was a 3/8" which didn't work all to great for the 1/2" hose, so other than it flying off when I went to mash in and learning how to control the pump better so I wasn't shooting my mash in water out like a water fountain it went smooth. I was really able to hit and maintain temps with a lot more precision and ease. it also cut about 2 hours out of the brew time from using a single burner, gravity and a cooler. So the recipe went something like this.

IMG_0420-1024x768.jpg

Ingredients:
Grains:
8# 2 Row
1# Victory
1# Belgian Aromatic
.25# Belgian Biscuit

Hops:
60- 1oz Simcoe
20- 1oz Simcoe
15- 1oz Citra & Chinook
10- 1oz Citra & Chinook
5- 1oz Citra & Chinook
0- 1oz Citra & Chinook

Yeast:
Wyeast 1945 NB NeoBritannia (washed cake)

Other:
Irish Moss
3oz Apricot Extract (in fermenter)

Mashed in at 160, settled to 151, mashed out at 177 (a bit to high wasn't used to the burners being so fast)

OG was 1.050.

It's fermenting at 68 degrees.

I can't wait to see how it will turn out!

Oh and i must say I love having a brewstand!!

Great looking the set up.

How did the beer turn out? Considering making an apricot iPA next week. Any changes?

Cheers

Back