Just bottled my first homebrew and can't wipe the smile off my face!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

designguy78

Reaction score
I got a pretty nice kit from my old boss about a year ago (I work in the restaurant industry and it was given to her by the Sam Adams rep). I finally got my act together and called my buddy that's been brewing for a while and he came over to help me out.

Things didn't start off perfect, the yeast was old and needed to be replaced, and the hops were terrible smelling, so we didn't use them. Instead we improvised. I also had a Mr. Beer kit hanging around that had hopped malt extract, so we added that along with the regular malt extract, then I bought some cascade hops and dry hopped it after 2 weeks of fermentation.

We bottled pretty quickly, from what I gather, only 3 or 4 days after dry hopping, but it tasted pretty damn good for a warm, beer. Kind of like an Abita Turbodog (which happens to be a favorite beer of mine).

We thought it would be an Amber ale, since that was the malt extract with the original kit, but apparently that plus the small container of hopped malt extract created a really nice brown ale. Anyway, just thought I'd share my happiness with my first brew!

Congrats! And show us the brew, I like looking at all the different types. Mmmm, beer p0rn.

I'd take a pic now, but it's just a capped bottle. :)

When I crack one open in a couple weeks I'll make sure to take plenty of pics. (I even marked the first bottle so I could make sure to enjoy the very first bottle I made. Am I the only one to do this?)

I have a big smile on my face every time I bottle a batch! I get an even bigger smile the first time I try one of my bottle conditioned beers from a new batch and it tastes better than expected! Enjoy the addicting hobby!

It's a good feeling, no doubt.. But not as good as the one you get when you get home after a hard day at work and need a beer and... "Here's one we made earlier" :)

Welcome :)

Back