Jumex Pear Nectar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schumed

Reaction score
Can you use Jumex Pear Nectar to make Perry?

It already has sugar in it...was thinking of filling a carboy up with it and pitching some yeast.

Haven't found anyone threads about this...thoughts

Can't seem to find pear juice anywhere....and dont' really want to make my own

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393644344.031700.jpg

Giving of a try with along with gerber pear juice and cider with fresh pear juice I juice d

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So how's it coming along? I'd like to make a perry, but I can't find any pear juice around here.

So how's it coming along? I'd like to make a perry, but I can't find any pear juice around here.

Thanks for the reminder never did an update

The jumex tasted really good ...pretty sweet because of the added sugar ...only down side was 1/3 of it ended up being trub ...the purée all drops out ...the gerber pear juice worked really well too...the mix of home made pear juice and cider was okay just too tart for me

I've since discovered the Pear Cider Kit from Mangrove Jack...that include pear juice concentrate ...a couple places are carrying it now ...more beer and ritebrew ...super easy kit ...not sure if it qualifies as traditional perry but it taste great

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Ok thanks! I couldn't find pear, so I bought some Jumex Peach Nectar. I plan on making an apple peach cider, now I just gotta figure out how much apple juice and how much peach to put in.

Back