Jockey Box Cold Plate Leak

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh...well...yeah, probably. Give us some pics of the thing with the liquid out post removed.

I'd really try to fix it with new o-rings or maybe teflon tape before resorting to solder if that's possible.

Good call on the teflon tape and o-rings. I'll give that a shot tonight and take some pics.

Yeah, you might be able to find them elsewhere with more reasonable shipping. If you have a local homebrew shop, they might carry them, or might be able to get them from one of their suppliers.

I just checked and there is a red gasket between the cold plate and the out-post. I didn't take it out to see if it was cracked, but decided to apply teflon tape to the end of the post. Once I put the post back in, it started leaking way worse than before.

At this point, I don't know if I should solder the existing post or order this cold plate fitting kit and replace both the post and the washer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-Cold-Pl...219238?hash=item3a95e9a026:g:2OsAAOSwVFlT9WVS

IMG_20160409_084814.jpg

IMG_20160409_084833.jpg

Update: I reseated the washer and rethreaded the post and it's leak free! I let it sit for a few hours and there are no drips. Thanks for all the help folks. Can't wait to use it this summer! $10 well spent. Next project - My wife wants to paint the cooler.

Back