Jim Rice Dissed Yet Again!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJadedDog

AFK ATM
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me, Jim Rice still didn't get elected to the Hall of Fame. I'm sorry, I know I sound like a total homer, but this guy did it right and put up pretty impressive numbers (when many around him were starting to roid up) and the ONLY reason he gets snubbed year in and year out is because he didn't play nice with the media.

I mean, I already hate the vast majority of sports writers (they fit my criteria for the only thing I hate...stupid people) but this is really getting ridiculous.

I'd like to see Rice in there, but he's borderline, so I'm not too upset. He's got one year left.

What's insane is Bert Freakin' Blyleven getting 62% of the vote. No way he deserves to make it in, he was NEVER considered one of the best pitchers in the game - he just managed to hang on as a decent pitcher for a LONG time.

The reason Blyleven got so many votes is the same reason Rice got snubbed again, longevity. If Rice could have put up one more decent season he would have reached 2500 hits, 400 HRs, and 1500 RBI. And if he hit a little over .300 for one more year he'd have a .300 lifetime average. If Rice had reached those numbers he'd already be in the Hall.

Back