Jester ripped off again... My keezer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2fooz

Reaction score
I finally decided to take the keezer plunge. After studying Jester's build I started on my own.

Off to the local hardwood supplier... I chose to use Alder lumber and Alder faced plywood.

These Bora straight edge clamps are a huge help cutting a 4'x8' sheet into manageable pieces.

Clamps...

Test fitting around the 7cu ft Danby Chest freezer... (More on that later)

Test Fitting Top and base

Making the coffin

Arm-R-Seal SemiGloss rub on finish

I used LED tape for the lighting and Mexican Noche Vein Cut, Honed and Polished Travertine for the top.

Done... I turned the handles out of a hardwood called Tigre Caspi

Close-up of the handles

Had to add this one... The first beer poured. It's my attempt at BeirMuncher's Centennial Blonde.

Thank you to Jester for the inspiration... Now I just need to find a beautiful redhead:D

As it turns out the ball lock Corny kegs fit in the freezer fine without the disconnects but once on they stick up about a 1/2" too high. I had to space the top for them to fit properly.

Man am i jealous!

Just built me a dual tap kegerator and now I just want to build a keeZer like this!

I freaking love those tap handles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It's pretty much my first real attempt at making something furniture quality. :)

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It's pretty much my first real attempt at making something furniture quality. :)

I'd say you nailed it. Nice job all around. Great choice on the Alder, I've used it before as a mock Cherry.

This is an excellent final product! I am getting parts to build my 8.8 right now. Maybe start next week! I'm having a professional help me so I don't mess up a $1K+ project.

Back