Jamil & Tasty's Arrogant Bastard Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EineProsit

Reaction score
So yesterday I brewed Jamil & Tasty's Arrogant Bastard Clone.
I think I succeeded so far. Please tell me what you think.
I hit all the Beersmith numbers except for my 1.072 OG was 6 points higher than the 1.066 target. I want to duplicate the AB as close as possible, should I thin it down with some top-off or let it be.

:mug:

I would let it be. I think AB bottles indicate 7.2% abv, but when Jamil sent it out for testing, I think he said it came back as 7.65%.

So yesterday I brewed Jamil & Tasty's Arrogant Bastard Clone.
I think I succeeded so far. Please tell me what you think.
I hit all the Beersmith numbers except for my 1.072 OG was 6 points higher than the 1.066 target. I want to duplicate the AB as close as possible, should I thin it down with some top-off or let it be.

:mug:

Which recipe did you use? they've done a few. I'm hoping to make one at the end of the month and want it as close as possible.

I'd let her be. Should be a good beer. I brewed their clone a few months back and it was really good, maybe not quite AB, but I think i used US05. I did dry hop with 2 oz of chinook and when i brew it again i will skip the dry hop.

I'd let her be. Should be a good beer. I brewed their clone a few months back and it was really good, maybe not quite AB, but I think i used US05. I did dry hop with 2 oz of chinook and when i brew it again i will skip the dry hop.

I followed the same recipe with the Dry english yeast, but with a few more hops, and it's kind of close, but my color isn't as red as arrogant bastard and my beer isn't as dry. So definitely not a clone. Now I'm wondering what I have to change to get it closer.

Here's the AB CYBI thread where you can find ideas to get to a better clone. Start at the end and work your way back. Reddskinnfan claims he's got it darn close.

Using his recipe, I'm still miffed about the hop bill, mine came out way underwhelming in aroma and flavor and I ended up dry hopping it, which is apparently not part of Stone's process for this beer.

That's all AB is?! Incredible... :rockin:

I forget where, but someone said on another thread that Stone didn't have any Special B grain sacks. They only had C150 in the brewery.

I believe the grain bill is that simple... Most of the recipes that they give to homebrewers are very simple. The IPA, Ruination and SSR are stunningly simplistic.

Here's the AB CYBI thread where you can find ideas to get to a better clone. Start at the end and work your way back. Reddskinnfan claims he's got it darn close.

Using his recipe, I'm still miffed about the hop bill, mine came out way underwhelming in aroma and flavor and I ended up dry hopping it, which is apparently not part of Stone's process for this beer.

Lots of good information here, redskinfan's recipe is much much better than Jamil's. Brewed it the other day. Brainfarted and screwed up my efficiency but the hydro samples are delicious nonetheless.

Lots of good information here, redskinfan's recipe is much much better than Jamil's. Brewed it the other day. Brainfarted and screwed up my efficiency but the hydro samples are delicious nonetheless.

The CaraAroma seems to give it the right color and malt profile.

How much hops did you use?

The CaraAroma seems to give it the right color and malt profile.

How much hops did you use?

Yeah, it does. The malt bill's close. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually Crystal 150 but for my purposes CaraAroma is damn fine.

I think I used 6oz of Chinook? .5oz FWH, 1oz at boil, the rest distributed throughout.

Gonna revive this thread as google searches got me nowhere. What is redskinfan's recipe?

Back