I've got brown sugar, honey, and 7 frozen applejuice concentrate cans.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgerard

Reaction score
I will be using red star yeast, the blue packet and will be fermenting in a mr beer container (about 2.25 gal). I like dry ciders and I want something to put my friends and I on our asses while still tasting decent.

Looking at some other recipes I'm thinking I will use 5 or 6 cans of the concentrate, the 12oz of honey, and a cup or so of brown sugar. Any reccomendations?

Used 6 cans of of the concentrate, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 12 oz honey. Excited about my first apfelwein! Should I expect to see any action in the fermentor like beer?

yes. YES. I do goofy stuff like this too. I was gonna recommend about 2 cups (thats around a pound) of honey to a gallon of juice. Did you dilute the juice? six cans of concentrate sounds like you're gonna have some kinda schnapps syrup :)

I get the feeling that apple juice concentrate is filtered, that is, there's no free pectin just bombing around. So if you get krauzen it may look kinda beery, but I don't think you will.

By all means - tell us how this turns out.. I LOVE science experiments! haha.

Well I accidentally brought the volume up to 2.5 gal w watr I'm worried the gravity.

I just made two 2-liters more of it with 2 cans of applejuice concentrate, a quarter cup of brown sugar, and a pinch of yeast energizer in each one. I used a half teaspoon of the blue packet of red star champagne yeast in each also, gave one to a friend for his birthday so I really hope they turn out!

Also I hope that we can bottle and start carbing these in early december at some point before we go home from school for christmas break, does it sound possible?

Back