I've got brown sugar, honey, and 7 frozen applejuice concentrate cans.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgerard

Reaction score
I will be using red star yeast, the blue packet and will be fermenting in a mr beer container (about 2.25 gal). I like dry ciders and I want something to put my friends and I on our asses while still tasting decent.

Looking at some other recipes I'm thinking I will use 5 or 6 cans of the concentrate, the 12oz of honey, and a cup or so of brown sugar. Any reccomendations?

Used 6 cans of of the concentrate, 2/3 cup brown sugar, 12 oz honey. Excited about my first apfelwein! Should I expect to see any action in the fermentor like beer?

yes. YES. I do goofy stuff like this too. I was gonna recommend about 2 cups (thats around a pound) of honey to a gallon of juice. Did you dilute the juice? six cans of concentrate sounds like you're gonna have some kinda schnapps syrup :)

I get the feeling that apple juice concentrate is filtered, that is, there's no free pectin just bombing around. So if you get krauzen it may look kinda beery, but I don't think you will.

By all means - tell us how this turns out.. I LOVE science experiments! haha.

Well I accidentally brought the volume up to 2.5 gal w watr I'm worried the gravity.

I just made two 2-liters more of it with 2 cans of applejuice concentrate, a quarter cup of brown sugar, and a pinch of yeast energizer in each one. I used a half teaspoon of the blue packet of red star champagne yeast in each also, gave one to a friend for his birthday so I really hope they turn out!

Also I hope that we can bottle and start carbing these in early december at some point before we go home from school for christmas break, does it sound possible?

Latest posts

Back