Its Bock Brewing Season!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hatfieldenator

Reaction score
I just transferred my dopplebock to the secondary for a diacetyl rest over the next 2-3 days. Then, its time to drop the temps and let it lager until the end of February when I enter it into the Cincinnati BockFest Competition (which I highly encourage everyone on here to enter).

Anyone else start their Bocks yet?

Not yet. I'm brewing a 2.5 gallon lager in a few weeks, after which I will pitch a 1.085 gallon doppelbock on that yeast cake.

I have a Helles Bock on deck for two brews from now and then a dopplebock whenever that one is done. I'd love to try to line up two days in a row to brew both so I can ferment and lager them at the same time. I can do two at a time in my freezer but never have the scheduling worked out to get two going at once.

dopplebock planned to brew Sat after Thanksgiving. It'll probably be just right by the time I'm ready to brew a marzen in march... Though I'm sure I'll try it in Feb sometime. :)

Back