Its a glorious day to brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IanPC

Reaction score
image-1558628587.jpg

NB Dead Ringer IPA.

Need a propane burner...been thinking that for awhile.

Og 1047. Expected 1052. Did a poor job of keeping the sludge out of the primary. It did have 4oz of hops. Still not a good excuse IMO. Stepped on kids toy, shifted weight suddenly brew hauler breaks...so I did what any brew man should...DIVE...down 3 stairs and the beer landed on me not spilling a drop. Lots of sloshing yeast was already pitched. Hopping it isn't overly aerated. All in all it was still an awesome brew day!

Correction expected og 1064. Ouch. Must of been the boilovers.

Lol...I got no excuse I left it for a sec too long both times. :shakin my head:

With partial boil batches, you have to expect you measured OG to be slightly low. You're very unlikely to mix the wort and top-off water completely.

Og 1047. Expected 1052. Did a poor job of keeping the sludge out of the primary. It did have 4oz of hops. Still not a good excuse IMO. Stepped on kids toy, shifted weight suddenly brew hauler breaks...so I did what any brew man should...DIVE...down 3 stairs and the beer landed on me not spilling a drop. Lots of sloshing yeast was already pitched. Hopping it isn't overly aerated. All in all it was still an awesome brew day!

This should be posted in drunken ramblings. :ban::ban:

Yeah, the typing was poor at best. I was conducting my brew day and my toddlers were acting like toddlers at the worst times possible. My fault for picking the time. I was very fortunate the carboy didn't break a rib.

Back