ITC-100vh Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammis

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have one of the Inkbird 100vh kits, comes with the controller, k type temp sensor and 25a SSR. I have it wired up the way they show both in the manual and diagram on the side of the controller and I seem to be getting a weird reading (maybe a bad sensor). I'm testing the temp sensor in a glass of water side by side with another thermometer to compare. When I turn on my controller the PV value reads 96.6 celsius (sorry it comes that way). Now this is WAY off as my other thermometer reads 22 celsius. All settings are factory. Any thoughts on what the problem could be? @Inkbird, i know you guys hang around the forum, thoughts on a fix?

yeah, the Sn setting needs to be set to 0 for a TC, double checked that first

Hey, I just bought the same kit, just haven't received it yet. Is there a value in the "Sc" setting (sensor calibration)? Should be 0, but could bugger you up. Also, when the actual temp goes up 50 degrees, does the measurement go up 50 degrees? Could then use the "Sc" function to offset the sensor.

I ended up replacing the k type thermocouple with a pt100, works great now

Hey, how did you connect your Rtd to the back of the PID. I keep getting orAL errors on mine. I set the Sn parameter to 20 like it said in the manual.

Worked when i tested it in water. Haven't brewed or done a full heat test yet

Hey, how did you connect your Rtd to the back of the PID. I keep getting orAL errors on mine. I set the Sn parameter to 20 like it said in the manual.

The white wire from the RTD goes to pin 3, one of the red wires goes to pin 4 and the other red wire goes to pin 5. See the diagram below:

ITC-100VH Wiring Diag.png

Brew on :mug:

Back