Italian grilled ribs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniele96

Reaction score
In USA people use to prepare pork ribs with a dry rub and they cook them in barbecue with low temperatures and for a very long time. In Italy we use a very simple rub (usually a mix of the erbs we have in our garden, a little of salt and olive oil) to make ribs more flavour. Then we hung them over the fire of the grill to cook them indirectly and while the ribs are realising their fat we cook under them other types of meat (sausages, braciole, bistecca and a lot of other things). Someone in the rub put also red wine or beer but I prefer the classic way with only olive oil. My personal rub unite classic italian erbs like sage, rosemary, thyme and laurel with mountain species and erbs like juniper but sometimes I add some ingredients from American barbecue rubs like paprika and dried onion.
IMG-20190420-WA0007.jpeg
IMG-20190420-WA0005.jpeg
IMG-20190420-WA0006.jpeg

Still waiting for barbecue fotos.... :)
And I would be interested to know which marinade for ribs you make?
Finally a photo of grilled ribs in the Italian way. Very simple rub of salt, herbs, a little of pever and olive oil (I usually add also paprika but I had none). It is also possible to find them cooked with no rub (only salt and olive oil) and you can grill them like the photo or divided in pieces (one per every single bone)
Costine-maiale-alla-griglia-3.jpeg

Back