It is about time for an introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpartschjr

Reaction score
I have been scouring these forums for quite some time. I finally made the investment and began home brewing once I felt I had sufficient knowledge. I read a few books so i could get differing opinions and really understand the ingredients as much as the process.

I am not an all grain brewer, YET! I plan to put up a temp steel framed plastic shelter to brew in with a propane burner or two. Currently I am brewing on an electric stove which works but is miserable to get a rolling boil on a full 5 gallon boil. I know I can do a partial boil and add water but i want consistency in my outcome and have read that this can affect my desired hop utilization which i am not prepared to start altering until i have a solid portfolio of consistent beers.

I am in the Niagara Falls/Buffalo New York area so the shelter will help keep out the elements as I brew in the, not so outdoor favorable, weather and allow me to enjoy a cigar while brewing. Of course the cigar will stay far from the wort/beer.

Braggot is what started my passion to home brew as i have had several every time i visit Louisville for the derby. The first was a Bourbon Barrel Braggot that set me on fire to find any bottled braggot i could. I have found a few, but nothing that compares to the ones i have had in Louisville.

I love stouts, porters, almost anything oaked, malty beers, red ales, and absolutely anything with a bourbon note. I tend to lean towards stronger beers but also enjoy a great session or a honey wheat in.

I found out about HBT via the last year's worth of research to see if this hobby was for me. This is the first forum of this type i have joined as i felt there was no better option. Thank you for all those that put hours of time in to learn the knowledge you share with the rest of us and thank you to all of those that will field mine and many others' future questions.

Back