Issues with the party faucet leaking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3r3my

Reaction score
So I bought a kit from the lhbs for a keezer (5lbs co2 tank, regulator, red co2 line, clear beer line with the little faucet (black plastic)) and the beer carbed great, taste good, but the faucet at the end of the beer line leaks, so I have to leave it off when im not pouring beer. Any idea why it leaks? It it pisses beer out of it unless I fiddle with it, than it just trickles. I tried at 12 psi, lowered it to 4 psi, took it apart. It is brand new out of the box. Any help is appreciated. I am very frustrated as I have leaked more beer at this point than I have drank. I keep a pitcher in the keezer to hold the spill over when I am swapping glasses.

Thanks

this is the second one, I had a co2 leaks and the lhbs just replaced the whole box.

Its this:

PlasticTapB.gif

If I add a tower faucet, will those leak? Also, when I open it up, it comes out so fast I get an entire glass of foam. This is my first time kegging and I am having issues.

Yea the hose is too short to try to pour at 10-12psi. Either get 5 feet of 3/16 line or drop your pressure down to 2-3psi while serving. Just take that line in and see if they will give you just that part.

The regular taps are nicer and shouldn't be as problematic, you just have to have something to mount it on.

You basically need to slow the beer down the 5 feet of 3/16 tubing provides a bunch of resistance. There are also some plastic inserts that go in the dip tube that add resistance so you don't have to have such a long hose. I don't have a link for it tho.

Here's a link to the type of hose you want.
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?cPath=178_40_128_380&products_id=1210

Back