is this tubing any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsheehan516

Reaction score
this tubing is from northern brewery.

http://pivo.northernbrewer.com/nbstore/action/search-do?searchTerm=tubing&x=0&y=0

Thermoplastic Rubber Tubing $1.40ft.

This food-grade tubing is ideal for hot liquid transfers, especially out of a boil kettle or mash tun. It is rated for use up to 275° F. This thick-wall tubing (1/8" wall) is nice and rigid, and won't kink or collapse under moderate suction, making it a great tubing for use with pumps.

it sounds pretty good to me, being the price is a 1/4 of silicone tube?
Anyone use it? How long did it last? Did you recirculate boiling wert to sanitize?

I have this tubing on my rig. I use it with QD and my pumpto move both hot and cold liquids around. I've been very happy with it and would buy it again. It is very thickwalled so won't collapse under a vacuum, even when pumping boiling wort. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you mount your pump so that the input and output are vertical, you will need to make sure you support the input line so that it doesn't kink under its own weight when pumping hot liquids.

Here's how I had my rig and tubing connected:

IMG_1788r.JPG

I've since changed the pump to a vertical input/output configuration.

Cheers!

thanks crabtre! That is exactly what i wanted to hear. thats a good looking rig you have there. I just need to get my keggles welded up, and a few other small things. Then I get to learn the art of all grain, 10 gallons at a time. I will post pictures soon...

Back