Is this part of homebrewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pojobrown

Reaction score
Just started brewing and I've got a total of 10 gallons of 3 different brews. All taste great ! Just wandering since I've been drinking my own beer I've notice my farts and ****s are real stinky. Is this normal does everyone notice this or does my body need to adjust to this wonderful brew

Many people experience digestive issues until the bacteria in your system adjusts. There are tons of threads on this subject...

It's normal. It will fade.

It can be reduced by learning how to pour a live beer and leave the dregs behind but, I personally like the nutritional value and given that beer is made up of mostly empty calories it feels like a counterbalance to me.

Not all homebrew does this. Just got to wait longer so sediment settles out, and also wait longer for bottle conditioning so youre less likely to be drinking active yeast. learning to pour too, but mostly more patience in the settling process, cold crashing, etc.

Man, I wish my farts hadn't been stinky before I started homebrewing. I don't have anything to blame it on.

As I say all the time, fiber! It does a body good. Tames yeasty brews and helps douse the flames of really spicy food. If ya get what I mean. lol

I think this is a sign that you are drinking your beers before they are fully ready to be drank. :) This is another reason to be patient...

Is "drank" a word?

Latest posts

Back