Is this okay?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hwangnyc

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Heres the deal I have my oaky blonde ale in the secondary for about 3 weeks now. I just got my hands on a bunch of corney kegs. Should i transfer the beer to the cornys and prime it. I don't have a fridge or co2 setup what do you think i should do?

Tough call.

Is it likely that you will get the rest of the kegging setup in the next month or so?

- magno

Kegging and priming would give you some pressure and you'd get maybe 1/4 of the keg poured before the pressure would die. Unless you expect to get a CO2 rig within a month (or whenever the conditioning is done), I'd just go ahead and bottle.

david_42 said:
Kegging and priming would give you some pressure and you'd get maybe 1/4 of the keg poured before the pressure would die. Unless you expect to get a CO2 rig within a month (or whenever the conditioning is done), I'd just go ahead and bottle.
David: That's what I've been getting to.

I've read you can prime at 1/3 the normal rate and rack to the corny and let it condition for several months before drinking...no gas...

Of course, in a few months when you get ready to drink it you should pressurize it as you normally would.

I've never kegged before except in minis. So, tell me, what do you think?

I have 25 kegs ready to be filled...no fridge yet, not tap yet, no...OK, I only have the kegs so far, but I am planning on picking up a Sanyo 40XX from Best Buy this week and carving it up.:D

Latest posts

Back