Is this how its supposed to look?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelerfanatic7

Reaction score
image-3333597178.jpg

My first attempt at yeast washing, just wanna make sure i dont dump the wrong stuff.

Yea. You can get 3 or 4 batches out of that. Pour that middle part into sanitized . . Whatever. Then you have 3 sets of yeast that can be washed 7 times each down the road.

Make a starter with each batch and wash again. I do this with pacman yeast that you can't buy too often.

Once you refrigerate it it will look like that top part for 95% and a quarter inch yeast labor on the bottom.

Pab. I always go one more wash into 3 or 4 mason jars.

Yeah that was unclear. That's what I meant. I put 1.5 gallons of boiled/cooled water into the carboy, wait, pour 0.5-0.75 gallons of that into a jar, wait, and pour into 4 pint jars.

1.5 gallons? Hmmmm maybe I should up my amount.m I do get a little short. I wish I knew how many little critters I had in my starters.

Grinder12000 said:
1.5 gallons? Hmmmm maybe I should up my amount.m I do get a little short. I wish I knew how many little critters I had in my starters.

Yeah I just boil and cool water in my 1 gallon jar and 4 pint jars.

Latest posts

Back