Is this a CMB gas quick attachment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CajunChuck

Reaction score
So I ordered a two set of these "CMB" advertised from kegworks on Amazon. The beer side (black connect) was CMB made in germany as advertised, but the grey (gas connect) had a symbol of a gear with the letter S in the middle. I can not find the gas connect with the picture online. Anyone have any info on this? I already ordered two more sets from the ACTUAL CMB site so...

7e0ojmt.jpg

CaisUEJ.jpg

Ok. Spoke to the guys at kegconnect and they said the gear with the S in the middle is a Shirron product. This is NOT the same as the CMB product made in Germany.

Just wanted to deliver as an OP with my research and findings...carry on. :D

Not to ask a dumb question, but does QD brand matter? I've never paid attention when ordering and have never had a failure.

Not to ask a dumb question, but does QD brand matter? I've never paid attention when ordering and have never had a failure.

I don't know either, as kegging is new to me, but I did my research and ordered a CMB product and didn't receive that as described. I've heard of people having issues with their CO2 tanks being emptied over night after checking their connections so would hate to have that happen to me over a $8 dollar QD. Not sure if that makes any sense.

It does matter as it relates to quality. Many of the ebay ones are cheap Chinese knock offs and as such have fitment and sealing issues. I had some a while back on my kegerator and I wanted to switch from barbed ones to MFL versions for easier cleaning and when doing such, I made sure I went with all CMB for the new ones. Just much easier working and don't stick as much.

There have been frequent reports of non-CMB ball lock disconnects that have been problematic; the presumption is they are Chinese knock-offs.
The gas ones are more white than gray, and iirc they are taller than CMB ball lock qds...

Cheers!

Back