Is there a Black Friday plate chiller deal out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted more plates to handle up to 30 gallon batches, so I went with a 40-plate chiller that I found on ebay. I think he had it listed at $130 and I got him down to $117 or so. That might be more than people would typically want to spend but it looks like it's great quality (haven't used yet), and it's 40 plates which I feel is a pretty solid deal. If you're looking for something with less plates, there should be some cheaper deals, but if by chance you're interested in something bigger, I'd recommend checking ebay. Here is the link to the one I got.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-5-40-Plate-Wort-Homebrew-Chiller-/302100755454

Sorry one more thing - if you didn't know about it already, keep checking homebrewfinds.com - I found it last year thinking it was just for Black Friday deals, but it's constantly being updated. If you know exactly what you're looking for, check that site. Also sign up for the bigger sites email lists. I know people aren't excited Northern Brewer sold out, but they frequently run 20% off sales, so that's always an option too unless they go even deeper for BF.

**** Northern Brewer, Midwest, and AB Inbev. They could be selling a 100 plate, 3 foot long, camlock fittings, free shipping, free recipe kit for $50 and I'd tell em to piss off...just sayin

**** Northern Brewer, Midwest, and AB Inbev. They could be selling a 100 plate, 3 foot long, camlock fittings, free shipping, free recipe kit for $50 and I'd tell em to piss off...just sayin

Good, because then I could buy it.

Back