Is my smack pack smacked?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coachlight

Reaction score
Just received my Wyeast smack pack in the mail from NB. I can't tell if it's already been "smacked" in transit. The pouch is definitely a bit inflated, but as a jungle it around it feels like whatever "pack" thing that is in there is still solid. But the last thing I want to do is brew my 4th of Jul-IPA and realize my yeast is no good.

Any help for me?

Cheers and happy 4th.

It's fine this comes up a lot. I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago and I ask the same queston. Make sure you are using a starter and all is good. It was the most vigorous fermentation that I have had in a starter to date.

two_one_seven said:
It's fine this comes up a lot. I had this happen to me a couple of weeks ago and I ask the same queston. Make sure you are using a starter and all is good. It was the most vigorous fermentation that I have had in a starter to date.

Thanks. I'm sure I should have looked around first but sometimes I get scared quickly and jump to the quick fix. I appreciate the response.

No worries I do that a lot too. Someone will always answer and most times they are happy to do it.

Latest posts

Back