Is my freshly bottled beer going to be OK?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadalive

Reaction score
It's been cold this week -35c/-31f and my house is older and not well insulated. I keep my secondary/freshly bottled beer in a closet. I haven't checked on it all week till tonight, the temp in my closet is around 9c/48f. I moved everything out but is my freshly bottled beer (last week) going to be OK? Are they going to carbonate now that their in a warmer place ( around 20c/68f)?

At 68F, they'll carbonate just fine. You may want to gently turn them end over end, just to resuspend any yeast that might have went dormant when they were below 50 degrees. They'll wake up and get going once they get warmed up again.

Yeah, they'll be fine, I'm facing the same dilemma, my house is freezing, so I'm keeping them in the over with just the light on, and it keeps them right around 72F.

No worries. In fact, a lot of guys here will be jealous of a place to keep beer at that temp. You're getting close to lagering temps, keep your eyes out for some good yeasts and take advantage of this.

Back