Is my beer safe to try?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IAFF-brewer

Reaction score
Sorry, I could not find an answer by searching so I will lay it out for you

I brewed up a chocolate coffee stout using mostly grains.

I put it through primary then racked it to a secondary, that is when the interruption started!

We adopted a baby and the beer in the secondary was neglected.

At one point there was a film over the brew with very large bubble sitting on the top, I let it be and the film and bubbles resolved and it fermented a little more.

Then I neglected the water lock and fruit flys were dead in the ater chamber so I put a fresh one on and let sit another month or so.

I have since bottled the beer and it carbonated well.

Is it even safe to try? Could it be bad other than taste if it carbonated?

Thanks for your help :drunk:

I know I neglected my brewers code "brew before all else" but....... Im sticking with my excuse

Worst that'll happen is you'll want to throw up (or will) from drinking it. Give it a shot.

Throw a few in the fridge, for a few days, have some friends over and drink a few "store bought" beers, and then say, "Hey guys, you gotta try my new beer I made, it is killer!" and pour them one chicken!

I seriously did something along these lines on a beer I was'nt too sure about. They lived, the beer was good as they asked for another.

The worst thing is it taste bad and spit it out and wait another month or two and try it again!

Well it didn't kill me....yet!

It was quite smooth, but seems dry. It has been so long I need to look at my book and see what all is in there as I started it in october or november.

And our son is quite well almost 4 months old now! :mug:

Everyone answered your questions sooo. Is it your first kid? Nothing like a baby to turn a man into a wuss. My 2 year old has me wrapped around her little finger. I'm a total hardass at work and a complete wuss at home.

Everyone answered your questions sooo. Is it your first kid? Nothing like a baby to turn a man into a wuss. My 2 year old has me wrapped around her little finger. I'm a total hardass at work and a complete wuss at home.

:off:

I think daughters are particularly bad in this fashion. I have a very hard time trying to keep anything resembling discipline with my 2 1/2 year old while not feeling like the worlds biggest a-hole. It's those sad little eyes when you tell them no. This is going to be a powerful weapon in a few years and I fear it greatly.

:off:

I think daughters are particularly bad in this fashion. I have a very hard time trying to keep anything resembling discipline with my 2 1/2 year old while not feeling like the worlds biggest a-hole. It's those sad little eyes when you tell them no. This is going to be a powerful weapon in a few years and I fear it greatly.

That's it exactly. She already has me. I was raised around all boys and I know what to do with them. I have to look at my wife when she asks me for something to know if I'm being a pushover or not.

That's it exactly. She already has me. I was raised around all boys and I know what to do with them. I have to look at my wife when she asks me for something to know if I'm being a pushover or not.

I am in the same boat, with two brothers. Just wait until she is a teenager and dating, lol.

Back