Is my beer ruined ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nianticcardplayer

Homebrewing Since 2009
Reaction score
Ok so a week ago I did the all grain recipe for a SNPA from byo magazine I am getting ready to move to secondary and this is what I see when I took lid off of a brand new and sanitized bucket I used two packets of S-05 and clarity germ temps held 66-68 except for a day went to about 72 I cooled down using bottles of frozen water in a swamp cooler set up ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411418092.304091.jpgstuff has a soggy bread look to it however nothing smells bad

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

What are germ caps?
Also, looks like hop trub mixed with unsettled krausen. Look/smell?

I meant type clarity ferm by white labs. Smells like pale ale and I did not taste it yet I just transferred to a secondary fermentor.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Ok so a week ago I did the all grain recipe for a SNPA from byo magazine I am getting ready to move to secondary and this is what I see when I took lid off of a brand new and sanitized bucket I used two packets of S-05 and clarity germ temps held 66-68 except for a day went to about 72 I cooled down using bottles of frozen water in a swamp cooler set up View attachment 225446stuff has a soggy bread look to it however nothing smells bad

It looks fine, with lots of clumps of cold break material with maybe a little yeast. The upside of all of that protein coagulation is that the beer should be very clear!

It looks fine, with lots of clumps of cold break material with maybe a little yeast. The upside of all of that protein coagulation is that the beer should be very clear!

Thanks for the information. I have been brewing for awhile but have never ran into that before it really surprised me

Thanks for the information. I have been brewing for awhile but have never ran into that before it really surprised me

Back