Is it just me...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catch-22

Reaction score
Ok, so I am going through all of my entries for a brew comp where the deadline is tomorrow. I bottle everything from keg so I have the luxury of being able to sample up to the last minute. There are six entries. Two of which I think are amazing. Three that are great and one that is good but could stand another week or two to lager. The so the "Is it just me" title.....am I the only one that stresses at the last minute over whether the ones that are submitted are the best product? I mean, I spent three bottles capping on foam to get just the right oxygen purge...maybe it is just me...

Oh no, I freak. I even select certain brand bottles I've reused. Actually why I went back to bottle conditioning part of my batches, so I don't have to stress at the last minute.

I do now... I have always kegged, and not started to recently bottle bc that is my friends only method as of rigjt now. I bottle from a picnic tap and beers have seemed to hold up, until the last competition I was in. I did some stouts last winter and saved them for the brewers cup this year. I had some oxidation in some of those beers I saved for 9 months. The beers still averaged mid 30s, but it def knocked my scores down. I guess a few didn't oxidize, because they scored high 30s and one was even referred to as a breakfast stout clone.

Case in point, I will be bottle conditioning future comp beers or using a friends beer gun if there is extended time between bottling and the judging. If it is within weeks of bottling, I'll still use the picnic tap. Two

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back