Is it just me or is brewday better then christmas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptbo_mac

Reaction score
I was so excited last night about my brew day today that I had trouble getting to sleep. As soon as I was awake I was right into converting my kitchen into a brewery. My girl friend was not to pleased but she knows that she was the one that created this monster by getting me a 1gal kit for Christmas. 1gal quickly turned into 5gal
Once the kitchen looked like a brewery it was off to my parents to have brunch and then to fill a few 18l jugs of spring water from a natural spring on there property.
Now I am sitting here in the kitchen with my HLT 10degrees away from from adding the water to my mash tun and I can barely contain my excitement.
Is it just me, or does everyone else get like this?

Mac

You know you've found the right hobby when you are that excited. I get pretty stoked the night before brew day, as well. I always look forward to 6 hours of "me time" and doing something I enjoy.

That's how hobbies are meant to be.

I get the same way, I get super excited for brew day, but even more excited for the beer I get to have after the yeast is pitched

I'm in "the zone" on brew days. I put on some music and get at it. It's the best feeling waking up on the morning of a brew day.

Glad I am not alone ha ha

Ive got some "Son of dave" playing in the background, a IPA from my first batch in hand and the house to my self. Good times!

In case you were wondering what I am brewing today, its a double IPA. I found the recipe on this site but have tweaked a few things to give it my own flavor. Only time will tell if I tweaked the right parts.

Mac

When I brew I always brew 4 or 5 batches/days in a row since I have to setup my "brewery". I'm excited on day 1 and on day 5...but for different reasons. A lot of work but I wouldn't change a thing

Yesterday's brew day was better than Christmas for me. Had a friend over to help out while our kids played in the beautiful weather, brewed a cream ale, grilled beer brauts, and drank some cold ones. Doesn't get much better than that on a Saturday afternoon.

I get super excited! I spend hours online after brewing looking at other people's set ups and planning my next brew or looking at improving my process.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Home Brew mobile app

Am I the only one who's already thinking about my next brew day while cooling my wort?

No not at all. I even think about the brew day after the brew I'm currently planning. I always have one or two... or three brew days planned... I just realized something, I may have a problem.

My name is Jared and I'm a brewaholic.

No not at all. I even think about the brew day after the brew I'm currently planning. I always have one or two... or three brew days planned... I just realized something, I may have a problem.

Hi Jared, I'm in the same boat, I have my next 9 brews planned already :cool:

Yes. Yes indeed. I did a late night Saturday/early Sunday morning brew yesterday/today and it was awesome.

Who was it that said "a watched pot never boils"? Ha :p

Hi Jared, my name is MacArthur and I feel your pain, I am also a brewaholic.

Ha ha

Just finished the last addition to my brew. Letting the last addition simmer for 10min before I chill, then rack to carboy. If all goes well I will be done by midnight.

Sure do love a nice long brew day. 7hrs total today and loving it!

Am I the only one who's already thinking about my next brew day while cooling my wort?

That's about the time I start thinking like Ernie Banks, "It's a great day for a ballgame, let's play two."

Latest posts

Back