Is enjoying the neighbors's argument unethical?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Last night there was almost nothing on the ole tube, so I wound up watching Worst Cooks in America (go Vinnie!) with a glass (or 9) of scotch and SWMBO. The neighbor's son, who Id say is my age, pulled up to the house with his gf or wife (I'm not sure, though I might find out if this keeps up).

We began to hear almost immediately "you are a liar, you are a LIAR, YOU ARE A LIAR". Over the tv. Through the glass door on the second floor, through the windows of their car.

I suppose a polite person would have turned the tv up to drown out the argument. I took a different tact, I put it on mute. 20 minutes later we turned the lights off and snuck closer to the window for better volume control.

Let me just tell you, I would not want to be on the receiving end of this verbal beating. She had this guy reduced to tears and then yelled at him for crying. He tried to make a call (apparently to her parents to have them pick her up) and she went back and forth between saying "instead of that number how about you call your wh***'s husband, I can dial that one for you" and "I promise you if you call my family and they show up they are coming with broken glass." Any fears that we might have had that he might hit her completely went away when we realized it was more likely that she would hit him. He finally left her in front of his family's place and sped away, but not before she put a dent in the passenger side door with her foot.

*Kyle from Southpark voice* I learned something yesterday. First of all, cheating on a woman, even a woman much smaller than yourself, can backfire in terrible ways. Being called a wh***lover is something that apparently can happen, and its a bad thing. And lastly, sitting in a dark apartment listening to your neighbors argue might lead to entertainment, but it also makes you feel dirty when its over.

I didn't know you could watch a soap opera that late at night... As for the title: it's not your fault they were yelling so loud

Haha, it was totally an opportunity to communicate though. "So, yeah, cheat on me and I will totally call you out in public" "Ouch, I'm going to avoid that then" "Good idea"

This is by far the best apartment I have ever had; not withstanding this, the guy across the street who screams like an animal and throws his pants out the window (and sometimes shouts "help me!") and the early 20-something couple downstairs who, judging by their frequent loud moanings and shouts, have apparently not put pants on in the past 168 hours.

PLot thickens.

So your neighbors lack of pants is the meter by which you decide the value of your lodgings.......disturbing. Very disturbing.

No, I mean I still deem it valuable irregardless of pantslessness :ban::ban:

Oh hell! Cross thread inside jokefication!

Nice. So.......if you asked 10 more people from the apartment complex, and SOME of them agreed to go pantless, per say, if there were those others pantlessified, would then you like the apartment complex better (for all intensive purposes)?

I think Something!

Why wait for the makeup sex? The part with the yelling is just fine :D

Or invite them over for the gang bang...

oldschool6sk2.jpg

We live in a townhome (wife and I) and the neighbors we share a wall with are a mother and son, 60-something and 40-something, respectively. They are crazy. They yell and fight all day long. They always open the windows so everybody can hear. Sometimes they do it on the front porch, in the driveway, or out in the street. Lots of cursing, threats to leave/die/kill each other/etc. It's entertaining so whenever I hear it heat up we turn off the TV and crack a window to hear. I don't feel bad about it at all. They wouldn't care or they wouldn't do it in the front yard.

We live in a townhome (wife and I) and the neighbors we share a wall with are a mother and son, 60-something and 40-something, respectively. They are crazy. They yell and fight all day long. They always open the windows so everybody can hear. Sometimes they do it on the front porch, in the driveway, or out in the street. Lots of cursing, threats to leave/die/kill each other/etc. It's entertaining so whenever I hear it heat up we turn off the TV and crack a window to hear. I don't feel bad about it at all. They wouldn't care or they wouldn't do it in the front yard.

um.....pants?

Last night there was almost nothing on the ole tube, so I wound up watching Worst Cooks in America (go Vinnie!) with a glass (or 9) of scotch and SWMBO. The neighbor's son, who Id say is my age, pulled up to the house with his gf or wife (I'm not sure, though I might find out if this keeps up).

We began to hear almost immediately "you are a liar, you are a LIAR, YOU ARE A LIAR". Over the tv. Through the glass door on the second floor, through the windows of their car.

I suppose a polite person would have turned the tv up to drown out the argument. I took a different tact, I put it on mute. 20 minutes later we turned the lights off and snuck closer to the window for better volume control.

Let me just tell you, I would not want to be on the receiving end of this verbal beating. She had this guy reduced to tears and then yelled at him for crying. He tried to make a call (apparently to her parents to have them pick her up) and she went back and forth between saying "instead of that number how about you call your wh***'s husband, I can dial that one for you" and "I promise you if you call my family and they show up they are coming with broken glass." Any fears that we might have had that he might hit her completely went away when we realized it was more likely that she would hit him. He finally left her in front of his family's place and sped away, but not before she put a dent in the passenger side door with her foot.

*Kyle from Southpark voice* I learned something yesterday. First of all, cheating on a woman, even a woman much smaller than yourself, can backfire in terrible ways. Being called a wh***lover is something that apparently can happen, and its a bad thing. And lastly, sitting in a dark apartment listening to your neighbors argue might lead to entertainment, but it also makes you feel dirty when its over.

All women are crazy just to varying degrees. I guess this guy pissed off one of the more crazy ones.

Unethical? Hell no! Quite the contrary, this is more along the lines of "current events," just a more local level. By turning down/off the TV/lights, you were actually saving energy & lowering your electric bill. This is free entertainment, maybe you should start keeping a video camera & tripod near the window so you can be entertained later & maybe post it on youtube or sell it to a TV station...
Or you could just buy a pellet gun :D

http://movieclips.com/Gkc5Z-men-at-work-movie-the-pellet-gun/

Reality TV without a director or editor...or a censor.

If the guy cheated, I am not sure sure she is out of bounds.

No it's not unethical.

If it was meant to be private the should have considered location and volume.

we live a few blocks from a college, the entertainment on thurs and fri around bar time is amazing. Don`t get me started on the winter, there is nothing like drunks on ice.

we live a few blocks from a college, the entertainment on thurs and fri around bar time is amazing. Don`t get me started on the winter, there is nothing like drunks on ice.

I'm in a college town and it can get interesting.

Interesting sounds good....sometimes......;)

I wouldn't trade any of you for my quiet, no booming stereos, no screaming, no flying pants apartment.

Only thing: every 4th night or so, my otherwise shy and quiet couple upstairs moves their table....or a dead body and a bowling ball, or...a huge sledgehammer, or....?.. across the floor at 3:30 or so in the morning.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

It only lasts 15 seconds or so, but wakes me up for a minute.

Maybe they drag the trunk out of the closet and let out the gimp.

:mug:

cheezydemon3 said:
Interesting sounds good....sometimes......;)

I wouldn't trade any of you for my quiet, no booming stereos, no screaming, no flying pants apartment.

Only thing: every 4th night or so, my otherwise shy and quiet couple upstairs moves their table....or a dead body and a bowling ball, or...a huge sledgehammer, or....?.. across the floor at 3:30 or so in the morning.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING?

It only lasts 15 seconds or so, but wakes me up for a minute.

Maybe they drag the trunk out of the closet and let out the gimp.

:mug:

Maybe it's a box of pants

I had an upstairs neighbor that would drag things really late at night and vacuum at LEAST 6 times a day. Craaaaazy

Lol. Box of Pants......

Last night was a freaking marathon.

I get the feeling he comes home from work around 3 am. I have never seen him to confirm whether he wears pants.

Back