Is CraftbeerPi still available or is there a better option?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you ran the install command ?

Yes, I did both a git pull for the iSpindle and craftbeerpi4 directories followed by their respective pip installs.

Also curious to know if, even without physical sensors attached, the dummy items should be posting to the analytics page?

Cheers!

Sorry for the probably stupid question. I'm definitely not knowledgable enough in Linux or the Raspberry Pi OS. In fact, I'm not sure what version I'm running, but CraftbeerPi3 is working on it.

If I'm running CraftbeerPi3 and do a sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade, will it mess up the install and it won't work because of the newer versions/dependencies?

Sorry for the probably stupid question. I'm definitely not knowledgable enough in Linux or the Raspberry Pi OS. In fact, I'm not sure what version I'm running, but CraftbeerPi3 is working on it.

If I'm running CraftbeerPi3 and do a sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade, will it mess up the install and it won't work because of the newer versions/dependencies?
No, if CBPi3 is running fine, apt upgrade will not breake it.
Do not do dist-upgrade, that may get the new python3 and then CBP3 will not work

No, if CBPi3 is running fine, apt upgrade will not breake it.
Do not do dist-upgrade, that may get the new python3 and then CBP3 will not work
I did the update and upgrade but am getting errors.

and

and
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install debsums
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
debsums : Depends: libfile-fnmatch-perl but it is not going to be installed
libperl5.28 : Depends: perl-modules-5.28 (>= 5.28.1-6+deb10u1) but 5.28.1-6 is to be installed
perl : Depends: perl-base (= 5.28.1-6+deb10u1) but 5.28.1-6 is to be installed
Depends: perl-modules-5.28 (>= 5.28.1-6+deb10u1) but 5.28.1-6 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo debsums -c
sudo: debsums: command not found
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ apt --fix-broken install
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to acquire the dpkg frontend lock (/var/lib/dpkg/lock-frontend), are you root?
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Last edited:
Back