Introducing CellarTracker.org (Beta)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scanner is designed to work with the camera on your phone. I am not sure if anyone has gotten it to work with an actual barcode scanner. That being said, it’s only as good as the barcode data in brewerydb. I find the type-ahead much less of a hassle to use over the scanner method.

I was afraid of that...I’m lazy. Was hoping to sit there and go crazy with point and click for everything

Thanks

We’ll see if someone else has gotten it. The type ahead is still pretty fast. I don’t find myself manually entering more than a few characters for most things unless something is a brand new first release.

64HPpK7.png

zoNLM9G.png

If you've used the site and were annoyed that the brewery names were abbreviated sometimes, we've got a fix for you. Just go to Account -> Preferences, switch "Use Full Manufacturer Name" to "Yes", and click save.

This project has been a labor of love for the past few years, but the time has come for HaveYouSeenMyCellar to start paying for it's own hosting costs. Towards that end, we have added advertisements, along with a Premium Subscription model for users to control how they see advertisements.

For just $12 a year, you can subscribe to the website and use it ad-free.

Also, if you are interested in advertising on the website, we can offer very affordable rates!

**** son that's a steal. I definitely get that much value out of this.

Edit: I can't figure out how to pay you.

I've got it in a couple of places.
1. You can click on the "Subscribe now" banner
2. In Account->Edit Account, click on the "Upgrade to Premium" button
3. In Preferences, under "Display Advertisements:" click the "Premium Members Only" button.
4. If all else fails, this is the direct link: https://haveyouseenmycellar.com/welcome/premium

Hey fear025 I'm interested in using this but pretty lazy as far as learning the ins and outs of exporting. Is there a good way to get my cellar list transferred from cellarhq?

Yes, in CellarHQ click the "Export Cellar" link (the link should be in the upper left near the permalink and tweet buttons).
This should create a csv file for you. Edit this file, and replace the columns in the first line.

Yours should be the same as the export I just did, but check that the columns still line up. Here were my replacements:
Brewery,Beer,Style,size,quantity,num_tradeable,acquired date,bottled date,consume by date,location,comments

Note: num_tradeable will not import, as we don't have that field in HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com

Next, in HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com, follow these steps:

A) Create a new Cellar in HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com

A1. Open HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com

A2. From the "My Cellars" page, Create a new cellar.

A3. From the "My Cellars" page, click the Import button for that cellar

A4. Leave this page open, so you can get back here for reference

B) Import your file into HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com

B1. Back on the HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com Import page, click the "Browse..." button, and then select that file you just exported.

B2. Click the "Upload" button.

If everything went well, you should see some results come back that tells you how many rows were updated, and if there were any errors.

Yes, in CellarHQ click the "Export Cellar" link (the link should be in the upper left near the permalink and tweet buttons).
This should create a csv file for you. Edit this file, and replace the columns in the first line.

Yours should be the same as the export I just did, but check that the columns still line up. Here were my replacements:
Brewery,Beer,Style,size,quantity,num_tradeable,acquired date,bottled date,consume by date,location,comments

Note: num_tradeable will not import, as we don't have that field in HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com

Next, in HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com, follow these steps:

A) Create a new Cellar in HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com

A1. Open HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com

A2. From the "My Cellars" page, Create a new cellar.

A3. From the "My Cellars" page, click the Import button for that cellar

A4. Leave this page open, so you can get back here for reference

B) Import your file into HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com

B1. Back on the HaveYouSeenMyCellar.com Import page, click the "Browse..." button, and then select that file you just exported.

B2. Click the "Upload" button.

If everything went well, you should see some results come back that tells you how many rows were updated, and if there were any errors.

I don't see where exporting from cellarHQ is an option.

Finally getting around to loading my cellar. Mostly meads right now, but they are showing up as 16D Biere de Garde in style category. Is there a way to change this?

fear025 is looking into it. At this point we mostly use it to track meads. :oops: The categories are available, I am not sure why the import didn’t pick them up.

Yep, he emailed me and I just sent him the file. I assumed you had it for mostly meads, was just saying I intended to do the same so just let me know which one would work best and i will make it work for the beer side

Back