New Site for Rating and Reviewing Home Brews and Craft Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_CraftBeerTraders

Reaction score
Mods,

Please let me know if this is not aloud and what channels to go through if needed. Thanks in advance!

So I have been building this site for well over a year now and finally have released a BETA version of it. The site is www.CraftBeerTraders.com and focused on Cellar Tracking, Rating and Reviewing beers (Beta version). The future release will have more features like trading etc.

Capture.png

But I wanted to highlight what we are doing on the site for Home Brewing. I am an avid home brewer and I wanted to bring some more advanced features to the home brew world. I know untappd has the ability to add home brews but you have to add them under a pseudo brewery name. We are changing that.

On CraftBeerTraders.com you can add Home Brews to your user account so they are associated with you. In addition you can provide the status of your home brews ie Primary Fermentation, Bottle Conditioning, etc. If you notice the 2 arrows on the left side, that means you are willing to trade home brews. We are bringing trading / home brew swapping to a website!

MyProfile.png

MyHomeBrews.png

Each home brew you add has a dedicated page to so you can see all the information about it. Descriptions, status and even Ratings and Reviews.

HomeBrews.png

Anyone who is a member of the site can Rate or Review your beer. You get to see the average rating they have given you as well as your average of ratings for your own beer. At the bottom see the list of the ratings and reviews. Ratings are from 0-5 at .25 increments.

HomeBrewRating.png

Reviews follow the BJCP guidelines with ratings from 0-5 at .25 increments.

HomeBrewReview.png

Its also mobile friendly

MyHomeBrewsMobile.png

I am going to be spending a lot of time building in feature sets for Home Brewing and would love for you guys to get on the site and check it out. Also, since its my site and I am the one coding it, feed back and suggestions of features you would like to see can become a reality. My goal is to make a site that home brewers can enjoy and get a little competitive with :mug:

Thanks!

Joe

Love the idea of trading homebrews and then being able to get feedback from other avid beer drinkers. In my view the best part of competitions is getting feedback so that feature is great.

Thanks guys! Reviewing beers is a crowded space but each site does it differently and each one is missing something. I'm going to deliver a complete package. Plus a lot of features that no one is doing. It should turn into something pretty cool. But we will be focusing a set of features on home brewing. So if there is anything you guys would like to see just let me know and I'll get something in for you.

Latest posts

Back