Interview

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scarlessmeanie

Reaction score
I've got an interview at Troegs Brewing Company tomorrow morning. I'm incredibly stoked. I'm interviewing to work in their tasting room/gift shop. I'm really hoping to get the job, as I think it'd be a foot in the door. Any suggestions on how to nail this one, people?

I would be effusive about your love of brewing and do your best to convey how excited you are to have the chance to show/teach/help others about beer. Someone with a background knowledge of brewing would be great for the gift shop and for a tasting room - things like IBU, maltiness, decoction mashing, every term we use to describe our hobby needs a translator for the non brewer. I had no idea what half that stuff meant until I started reading a lot...a lot of backposts and books and googling every other word in a promash report.

In the interview show your excitement about the opportunity but don't get caught up in the overly complicated jargon(RDWHAHB).

In short: If they ask you what a cereal mash is tell them but I wouldn't bring your home water report and hydrometer along with you(but maybe you could tell them why you might need one.

scarlessmeanie said:
I feel like the two responses listed so far are in contradiction of each other.

The key is to get the interviewer drunk.

Good luck on the interview

Back