Interesting PBR Article

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HossTheGreat

Reaction score
They said they plan to bring glamour and celebrity sponsorships to such Pabst brands as Old Milwaukee, Schlitz and Lone Star.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

I enjoyed the new "Schlitz Original" the few times I had it, and I thought their marketing scheme was great. My buddy was in Antarctica for work and found an old Schlitz can buried in the snow, took a pic with it at the South Pole and sent it in. In return they sent him gobs of free stuff to hand out to friends, coozies, a REAL nice cooler, wall signs, coasters, etc. I know for sure that it turned at least a few folks on to it. It's a neat idea.

"Success is what our family has proven in 75 acquisitions over the past 25 years and is respected by every major financial institution in America," Daren wrote. "Check the Forbes list for a reference bud, I guarantee you will only ever be able to read that list, not be on it. If you were so talented you (would) be your own boss by now and not looking for yet another new job soon. …''

I'm never buying PBR again. I want to see this cocky mother****er lose. Apparently he already is.

Thanks for the link - I drank PBR when I was a "younger" man and was pretty happy to see it making a come back. Now like the former executives, I hope they go down in flames. Just what the world needs, more greedy bastards...

i will say at last years gabf the pbr/shlitz/old style booth was giving stuff away like it was nobodys business. I ended up with some free swag but now hearing about the business practices behind it, it will not be hard for me to find a different cheap beer to drink.

Damnit. I loved PBR... it reminded me of skiing, one of the greatest activities in the world, mostly because tall boys were served at nearly every resort.

I will no longer drink it if they start advertising it with Will Ferrell.

What a bunch of idiots. Glamour and Old Style mix like Larry the Cable Guy and Prince.

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

My buddy was in Antarctica for work and found an old Schlitz can buried in the snow, took a pic with it at the South Pole and sent it in. In return they sent him gobs of free stuff to hand out to friends, coozies, a REAL nice cooler, wall signs, coasters, etc. I know for sure that it turned at least a few folks on to it. It's a neat idea.

Hey, there, Mr. Antarctica! Heard you were cold so we sent you a ****ing COOLER
:confused:

Hey, there, Mr. Antarctica! Heard you were cold so we sent you a ****ing COOLER
:confused:

He put his beer in the cooler to keep it insulated from the snow
:D

Nah I think he was back stateside when he got the stuff:mug:

I love the attitude those guys took with marketing, but honestly, there isn't a flies wings worth of difference between most of the BMC beers out there.

Always wondered what did finally happen to Pabst. I knew the non-profit had been trying to sell it for a number of years, and then there was a push by some group to try to crowd source enough money to buy it. Interesting read. It reminds me of the Minhas Brewery in Monroe, WI. They're the second oldest continuously operating brewery in the US, or some such thing. The brewery was bought by the Minhas family a while back. The Minhas family got rich as distributors, and really know nothing about brewing. They bought the brewery as an investment like the Metropolous guy did. They fly in once a month to check on operations, and then leave. As a result, their beer is terrible. Too bad because I'm sure the brewery has seen better days.

Back