Insulating a Keggle MT with foil bubble wrap.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schupaul

Reaction score
Just got my new rig from Brewers equipment and am getting my new Keggle MT ready. I want to insulate it with the foil bubble wrap and us foil tape to adhear it to the keggle. As this MT will be temp adjusted with a burner, how far of a gap/bare space should I leave at the bottom of the keggle so this stuff doesn't melt? Should I use 2 wraps or will one be effecient? This is the stuff that I want to use.

The foil insulation will melt if allowed to come to close to the heat source. Ever think of using a welding blanket? They are rated to much higher temperature contact, although allowing it to come in direct contact with flame or heat is not recommended. I have my HLT wrapped in foil insulation, but I use and electric heating element to heat my water so it never becomes a problem. Droppped my heat-up time by 15 minutes when I insulated the HLT.

Salute! :mug:

Back