Installing faucet shank question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmskis

Reaction score
I am planning to install a shank through the door in my kegerator this weekend. They recommend using a 7/8 inch hole saw. Do you guys think it would be good with a 1 inch hole saw? Or will it leave too big of a hole and not secure tightly? I have a 1 inch and wondering if I need to purchase the 7/8 for the 1/8 difference....

I'd use 7/8" because that 1/8" can really make a difference. I used a cheap spade bit and was okay but then again, that was on wood. I would suppose the hole saw is more important. Perhaps you can ask around and borrow one.

Relax. Get the right size. Don't get over anxious and ruin your DIY. Every time that faucet slides around, you'll get pissed off that you didn't have enough patience...

I'm definitely going to get the 7/8! I know a sloppy fit would just make me wish I would have got the 7/8.

Harbor freight sells a cheap set of hole bits. Like others said, use the right size. Heck, use smaller than 7/8" if you can swing it. Extra gap doesn't give you anything.

Back