[Initial Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool!

We hadn't really aimed toward XAMPP because we wanted something that could be mounted discreetly behind the video display. Desktop PCs are a little hard to hang on walls.

It's great to see the different ways the community is using this: XAMPP on Windows, Raspbian on tablets, Debian on laptops, on a remote webhost. So cool!

I just wanted to play with it before I put it on an SBC behind a monitor. Its a little easier to dig around in the php on my primary desktop.

I agree a WAMP machine is not the low-cost or discrete approach. But if someone has a WAMP server already, hten the rPI could just browse to it, and save the minor complexity of configuring LAMP on rPI.

the complexity of configuring LAMP on an rpi is as easy as:

sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 mysql php5-curl

its a little harder to get the wamp setup.
Plus, the rpi will interface with the flowmeters when those are added for v2.

the complexity of configuring LAMP on an rpi is as easy as:

sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 mysql php5-curl

its a little harder to get the wamp setup.
Plus, the rpi will interface with the flowmeters when those are added for v2.

Yes, I'm aware. I did say "minor". Plus, that does imply that the rPI has internet access. It is conceivable that might not be the case for every use-case.

With the Windows installers available for WAMP or XAMPP today, a wamp solution isn't really any more difficult. The trick is really the virtualhost, but that's only relevant in cases where someone wants to maintain multiple separate sites on the same server.

Options are good to have.

Any room left on the FB page for keezer selfies?

XjGETCC.jpg

LLHDalY.jpg

Yes, the test data is exactly what I have on tap.

Has anyone tried a mix of Saaz and Cascade? I have a batch fermenting that I used Cascade in the boil, put Saaz in with 20 minutes left and Cascade for finishing. I was supposed to use the Saaz for finishing, but, OOPS! Anyway, I'm curious if anyone has tried the combo.

No problem!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

Is it wrong I want this just to display what beers I have bottled? (Kegs are on the to-do list at some point).

Yay Technology!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now worries, man.

I suspect Chrome added "/index.html" at the end of the navigation path. That shouldn't be there. Exit Fullscreen, remove it (leave just the IP), and hit Enter.

Alternatively, navigate Chrome to "localhost".

If you still get 404 messages, then you probably deleted index.php on accident.

I printed out the instructions at work on Fri AM and it did say to delete index.php so that's what happened. Do I need to reinstall? Which part?
Sorry for the duma$$ questions but that's the only kind I know how to ask.

I printed out the instructions at work on Fri AM and it did say to delete index.php so that's what happened. Do I need to reinstall? Which part?

You were supposed to delete index.html (not index.php) good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Apparently, I got an early set of instructions with a typo. Didn't recheck today before I started installing.:drunk:

You can extract the files from the zip again, and copy index.php to the right spot.

Code:
unzip RaspberryPints-x.x.x.x.zip
sudo cp RaspberryPints-x.x.x.x/index.php /var/www/

So when I try to set the static ip address in the router (motorola sbg6580) gateway webpage it tells me:
error converting one or more entries
Possible causes of this error:
1. IP Address already in use by client with another MAC Address
2. IP Address in the DHCP lease reservation table
3. The IP address is invalid. It must be between 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.254
try again

So when I try to set the static ip address in the router (motorola sbg6580) gateway webpage it tells me:
error converting one or more entries
Possible causes of this error:
1. IP Address already in use by client with another MAC Address
2. IP Address in the DHCP lease reservation table
3. The IP address is invalid. It must be between 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.254
try again

This is telling you one of three things is wrong.

1. You're trying to assign an IP that is already in use on the network.
2. You're trying to assign an IP that is already assigned to another device.
3. Self explanatory, but really of a device to restrict to this range, but I suppose it is a combo unit, not a fully fledged router.

You can extract the files from the zip again, and copy index.php to the right spot.

Code:
unzip RaspberryPints-x.x.x.x.zip
sudo cp RaspberryPints-x.x.x.x/index.php /var/www/

Not sure what I had going on with Chrome but it had me confused. Once I finally got RPints downloaded using Midori, everything cleared up and I finally have the default taplist showing. I'm drinking a couple of brews before proceeding with administration:drunk:

Thanks for your patience.

No worries man. Sorry for the funky typo in the directions.

I was quick out of the gate and didn't check back. Knew you guys had to be making changes as you got feedback.
It was mainly my navigation issues since I'm stuck in Windows and IE. Once I got past that, everything was smooth.
It's not 10 but it's pretty nice (still envious of yours). I'll work on installing at the keezer this week.
Thanks and CHEERS!!!

HammerTapList.jpg

Just wondering what the current idea for hooking the meters up was going to be. Which board are you guys currently looking at (I know its still in testing just curious)

Just wondering what the current idea for hooking the meters up was going to be. Which board are you guys currently looking at (I know its still in testing just curious)

We're currently working with the Alamode. It's an Arduino compatible board with an onboard RTC and stacks directly on top of the RPi. Really, any Arduino compatible board should work. While we're still deep in testing, it looks like those who only want keg monitoring for < 12 kegs should only need the Arduino. For further expandability, we may recommend an I/O expander board, but it isn't necessary at this point.

Of course, as usual, none of this is in stone and all of it is subject to change as we firm up software and plans.

Would that fit inside the box?

I tried using a .png file for a brewery logo and it wouldn't appear. Is the brewery logo only .jpg, or is it something I'm doing?

I had that same problem. I ended up clearing the cache on the browser and reloading the page and it worked.

I'll try that when I get home and report my findings.

Also, has anyone had a difficult time getting out of kiosk mode in Chromium? I found that 'F11' wasn't working as expected and that the quit keys are actually Ctrl+Shift+Q.

I'll try that when I get home and report my findings.

Also, has anyone had a difficult time getting out of kiosk mode in Chromium? I found that 'F11' wasn't working as expected and that the quit keys are actually Ctrl+Shift+Q.

Yes, the F11 key does not get me out of kiosk mode. Alt+F4 does quit the program for me, though.

Hmmm i love the idea of this, and now that im building my coffin keezer i cant help but think how badass it would be if i could fit a smallish monitor in the backsplash of my coffin...where i was originally planning on just spraypainting chalkboard paint...

The usable space will be like 10" vertical, and 22.5" horizontal...judging by what im looking at online that lets me fit about a 15-16" screen..the problem is finding depth on these stupid things..i'd need it to be less than 1.5" depth, smaller the better so it can be back away from the taps more safely.

I found a AOC E1649FWU or the newer AOC E1659FWU which looks amazing and relatively cheap, but for some stupid reason its only powered by USB and requires Windows/MAC drivers to function...all of the ones that would work perfect seem to be these USB monitors...

Anyone out there got ideas? Hell even buying a laptop replacement monitor is an option, but most of them use proprietary connectors that i dont think you can get to HDMI/DVI...

My searches on Amazon are failing, doing queries and limiting it to "Ultra Thin" panels gives me a ton of crappy ass Samsung and Dell 15-16" monitors from like 2004 that are like 6" thick...what the hell.

Hmmm i love the idea of this, and now that im building my coffin keezer i cant help but think how badass it would be if i could fit a smallish monitor in the backsplash of my coffin...where i was originally planning on just spraypainting chalkboard paint...

The usable space will be like 10" vertical, and 22.5" horizontal...judging by what im looking at online that lets me fit about a 15-16" screen..the problem is finding depth on these stupid things..i'd need it to be less than 1.5" depth, smaller the better so it can be back away from the taps more safely.

I found a AOC E1649FWU or the newer AOC E1659FWU which looks amazing and relatively cheap, but for some stupid reason its only powered by USB and requires Windows/MAC drivers to function...all of the ones that would work perfect seem to be these USB monitors...

Anyone out there got ideas? Hell even buying a laptop replacement monitor is an option, but most of them use proprietary connectors that i dont think you can get to HDMI/DVI...

My searches on Amazon are failing, doing queries and limiting it to "Ultra Thin" panels gives me a ton of crappy ass Samsung and Dell 15-16" monitors from like 2004 that are like 6" thick...what the hell.

How about a small television? Maybe something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX1404096

You'd have to check the specs and all but something like that might be an option.

You could also setup a raspberrypi on your home network and use an ipad or android tablet to display the tap list.

How about a small television? Maybe something like http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0ZX1404096

You'd have to check the specs and all but something like that might be an option.

You could also setup a raspberrypi on your home network and use an ipad or android tablet to display the tap list.

I have a small pandigital tablet that works. They're cheap, but probably not the most aesthetic option.

Hello everyone, 2 things!!!

1.) Dont forget to sign up for our email updates as that is the #1 place for important messages, tips, and updates. We are using a new system to manage our email list so if you signed up on the countdown form before please re subscribe. click here to subscribe raspberrypints.com/Subscribe

2.) THERE IS A NEW RELEASE called v 1.0.1 Hot Fix. please review the changes that were made on the github download page. Enjoy! Download Now

Back