[Initial Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had issues w/ ccmp and I was using a router. Tkip has been solid and connects every time. Working on time correction now

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Are you guys planning on doing a commercial release of this? Something were you could mod it to fit your bar or brewery decor?

In later versions we will be having themes people can customize to match the mood and setting of their bar/ brewery/ home

Yeah that could be your problem, I would guess that a mobile hotspot doesn't play well with client side static ip addressing.

You were right! After trying everything else, I set it back to dchp and found that it only allows me to go online if I do not assign a static IP address. I'm online now. Finally!

You were right! After trying everything else, I set it back to dchp and found that it only allows me to go online if I do not assign a static IP address. I'm online now. Finally!

Yeah. Static only works with home networks and places where you have your own network. An intranet if you will.

Yeah. Static only works with home networks and places where you have your own network. An intranet if you will.

Not having a static IP address doesn't seem like it would be a big deal. I'll just get a router in the future so that at least I can access it from my other computer.

Not having a static IP address doesn't seem like it would be a big deal. I'll just get a router in the future so that at least I can access it from my other computer.

My thoughts exactly. i can get one going but really am not worried too much about the admin part as i can always plug in a keyboard and mouse.

Would someone (me) be able to run this software on an android tablet or would I need a Raspberry Pi to run it?

Would someone (me) be able to run this software on an android tablet or would I need a Raspberry Pi to run it?

It's theoretically possible, yes, but you'd be a bit on your own getting Debian installed on it.

Once you got Debian installed, our instructions would be pretty close to the same for you as they would be on a Pi.

Nice job on the installation instructions. :rocking:
I have been playing around with the release candidate since last weekend and am really impressed.. Great job.

Brian

Okay maybe I screwed up somewhere. I completed step 6 and when I entered the ip address of my rpi in a browser all I get is the generic

"It works!
This is the default web page for this server.
The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet."

page. Am I missing some step?

Under Step 5: Package Configuration

@xset s off
@xset -dpms
@xset s noblank
@xset chromium –kiosk localhost

I think that last line is a typo, it would only work right for me as
@chromium -kiosk localhost

Also,
How often does the browser refresh? Changes I'm making remotely don't reflect on the raspberry display.

Awesome work, I can't wait to see how this project grows.

Under Step 5: Package Configuration

@xset s off
@xset -dpms
@xset s noblank
@xset chromium –kiosk localhost

I think that last line is a typo, it would only work right for me as
@chromium -kiosk localhost

Yep. Spot on. Updating the instructions now to fix that.

Also,
How often does the browser refresh? Changes I'm making remotely don't reflect on the raspberry display.

Awesome work, I can't wait to see how this project grows.

I don't think auto-refresh made this release. You can manually refresh by pressing 'F5'.

One more for me. After bringing up the initial setup page on Step 7, filled out all the fields, hit Setup and got success on validating entries, checking db connectivity, checking config folder permissions, update config files, update admin config files, and creating rpints database user. I got an error in query on running database script

If you got that far before the error, we know your admin password is correct.

I'm guessing this is not your first time attempting an install of the database. *squinty eyes* I'd recommend logging in to phpMyAdmin at http://your.ip.here/phpMyAdmin and dropping the "raspberrypints" database, then trying again.

I don't think auto-refresh made this release. You can manually refresh by pressing 'F5'.

Ahh, that explains it then, thanks.

thadius856 said:
I'm guessing this is not your first time attempting an install of the database. *squinty eyes* I'd recommend logging in to phpMyAdmin at http://your.ip.here/phpMyAdmin and dropping the "raspberrypints" database, then trying again.

Not that I know or anything, but someone told me you might also be able to clear that error by going to localhost/install/index.php and selecting "Clear Data" from the drop down and enter the DB root password... again, not that I know...
:mug:

Not that I know or anything, but someone told me you might also be able to clear that error by going to localhost/install/index.php and selecting "Clear Data" from the drop down and enter the DB root password... again, not that I know...

KR5dax7.jpg

Ahh, that explains it then, thanks.

Well played. Couldnt get first option to work. Yours at least loaded a page. Cheers! Now to try again.

Success! Thanks.

Now let me reiterate to anyone listening. Obey when they say to "Please be patient, as setup may take up to a minute. Do not use the browser’s back button or close anything while this is running." they mean it.

This looks pretty cool, guys.

I'm interested in installing Raspberry Pints on my hosting service (I use Siteground).

Uploading the files is easy but, I don't know how to get this package to talk to the mySQL server.

Any help would be appreciated.

yes please be patient and read the instructions very carefully. it is easy to miss a step and let me tell you during testing I missed one and it was frustrating.

On step 8 of your instructions page, it looks like you copy and pasted the kegs section from the recipe section. Still several instances of the word recipe in there. Looking forward to doing a fresh install tomorrow now that it's been released.

LOL, maybe a little of both... been a Linux sysadmin for nearly a decade

For anyone else looking for a way to remotely refresh the page after you make an update:

SSH (using a tool like PuTTY) to your pi and type
Code:
sudo apt-get install xdotool

cd /home/pi
mkdir scripts
cd scripts
nano refresh.sh

Now in nano type
Code:
export DISPLAY=":0"
xdotool key ctrl+F5
Now CTRL+O and CTRL+X to save and exit nano

Now lets make that script executable by
Code:
chmod 755 refresh.sh

To test type
Code:
./refresh.sh
and a few seconds later your remote screen will refresh.

Now you can SSH into your pi and can execute by using the command
Code:
./scripts/refresh.sh

Perhaps a script like this could be added as a function to the admin panel for easier access??

Great work so far, based on the performance up to this point from these guys Im looking forward to it. Waiting for NOOBS to finish downloading will post back when I get everything up and working, very excited

For us guys who are not running in *umm drawing a blank here*.. it is too late....monitor vertical mode (portrait?), can we get our scroll bar back... It was in my last version from about 2 weeks ago, but not any more.. sigh.. sleep...

let me rephrase this after I look at it again...

So when I connect via web browser from a pc on the network (in chrome) the option to scroll and see all the taps is now off.

Thanks

FTW!!!!!

Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392954931.076671.jpg

I didn't bother with some of the config steps since I installed it using my living room tv (monitor isn't ready yet)

For us guys who are not running in *umm drawing a blank here*.. it is too late....monitor vertical mode (portrait?), can we get our scroll bar back... It was in my last version from about 2 weeks ago, but not any more.. sigh.. sleep.

You can remove Line 6 of styles.css:

overflow: hidden;

But you won't get anything more on the screen than is already showing...

You can remove Line 6 of styles.css:

overflow: hidden;

But you won't get anything more on the screen than is already showing...

Thanks, I understand that but i only see 3 of my 8 beers right now!

Hey, I have been eagerly waiting for raspberrypints.
very cool update to the kegerface tool.
I got everything up and running on my server.
And i am adding taps on tap_form.php?tapNumber=3
When i get down to the keg entry, where it says to "select one",
there are none to select. even though I have kegs there.
My guess is that this has something to do with the fact that I loaded
the sample data, then went in and deleted all of the samples, via
the web admin page. So, there's something in the DB that the php code
doesn't understand or one of the variables are off?
I also just kept the last 4 kegs and renamed them. Maybe I should delete them all and add my own?
Thoughts?

I really appreciate all your work on this. Very good job!

Back