infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teapot45

Reaction score
Hey everybody, this is my first brew. Its a pale ale that i made about 5 days ago, i was wondering if this is infected

ForumRunner_20130922_201400.jpg

ForumRunner_20130922_201345.jpg

+1^^ Looks like beer that has finished fermenting. Wait a couple more weeks to clear then package and enjoy. Congrats on your first brew!

Idk...looking at the 2nd pic those big bubbles & webby lines starting to form looks like an infection to me. Did you clean & sanitize everything that touches the beer right before use (especially the sanitizing)?

Idk...looking at the 2nd pic those big bubbles & webby lines starting to form looks like an infection to me. Did you clean & sanitize everything that touches the beer right before use (especially the sanitizing)?

You must have an HD monitor with good zoom to see whatever you're seeing. Not saying it may not be, but I certainly can't see big bubbles and webby lines.

I do see some yeasts rafts at minimum, hard to tell if anything else is in there.

Yeah,I do have an HD monitor. Look at the second pic,& you can't miss the big murky colored bubbles in those bloches of foamy bubbles.

unionrdr said:
Yeah,I do have an HD monitor. Look at the second pic,& you can't miss the big murky colored bubbles in those bloches of foamy bubbles.
I think I see what you're saying (just left of the flash reflection?). Still tough to say without better pictures. Could just be yeast rafts distorted from the curved glass. Not sure. OP, if possible, retake the picture without the flash from the camera.

Edit: Also check out the "Post Your Infection" thread to see examples of what does and does not look infected. It may help you determine whether it is or isn't. You will always have the best view, considering you are seeing it "live."

Yeah,no flash & set the color to "vivid". that'll help a lot. The thing is too that when you see a lot of big bubbles on top,especially when they're starting to look murky,it's an infection taking hold.

I just got to see this on my bigger screen and I think it looks fine. Looks like yummy beer!!

Hey everybody. I bottled it and im waiting for it to carbonate. I tasted the beer right before i bottled it and it tastes pretty good... lmao ~dont judge me~. It looked the same in my carboy a week after these pics too. So hopefully its not infected

Back