Infection or something else?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymomancer

Reaction score
This doesn't really look like an infection, but I dunno what the hell it is. I googled a bit and found out that tartaric acid crystals can appear in wines, and this looks kind of similar. Has anyone else seen these?

FE3e07w.jpg

The camera didn't do a good job focusing, these really do look like crystals. There's a faint ring on the edge when I tilt the bottle a bit, and the liquid directly below it has a faint white "wisp".

This doesn't really look like an infection, but I dunno what the hell it is. I googled a bit and found out that tartaric acid crystals can appear in wines, and this looks kind of similar. Has anyone else seen these?

FE3e07w.jpg

The camera didn't do a good job focusing, these really do look like crystals. There's a faint ring on the edge when I tilt the bottle a bit, and the liquid directly below it has a faint white "wisp".

Hard to tell but you can put the bottles in the fridge for safe measure.

Pictures hard to see, is it film yeast?

film yeast? that's a pellicle.

Back