Infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akglyd

Reaction score
My first batch is bottled, but after 5days in the bottles I see some white dots floating around and the first thing I think of is mould....

Help!!!!

The rest of us think of yeast, and how you still have a minimum of two more weeks til the beer will be carbed. And right now a mini fermentation is happen in the bottle, and the yeast is kicking up and moving around. And some of it's floating to the top.

Mold couldn't grow in the sealed environment of that bottle. It needs contact with oxygen to form.

Instead of staring at your beers for the next few weeks and worrying about what you see...close the closet door and forget about it for a few weeks. ;)

Agreed, it's probably just yeast doing its thing. Don't worry.

Revvy said:
Instead of staring at your beers for the next few weeks and worrying about what you see...close the closet door and forget about it for a few weeks. ;)

Everyone stared at their first brew, right? I practically lived in the garage watching those first bottles like a chicken on eggs.

Idea for a business: beer babysitter. You brew it, then i come pick it up, put it in a walk-in fridge to keep it at the right temp, and you don't get it back for 3 weeks. I'll send you a picture once a week, but no visitation!

Idea for a business: beer babysitter. You brew it, then i come pick it up, put it in a walk-in fridge to keep it at the right temp, and you don't get it back for 3 weeks. I'll send you a picture once a week, but no visitation!

1332178602applause-25255b3-25255d-gif.gif

Actually that should be extended to new brewers staring at their first few fermenters and hovering over the airlocks as well.

1332178602applause-25255b3-25255d-gif.gif

Actually that should be extended to new brewers staring at their first few fermenters and hovering over the airlocks as well.

I hover over my fermometer, at least for the first week or so... that's totally legit, yeah?

:D

Back