Induction Stoves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlittle29

Reaction score
I am planning out my "brewery" in the basement of my house (i have no garage and it gets cold outside in the winter so an outside station is out). Has anyone ever used induction stoves for brewing? I feel like it would be safer than propane or natural gas for indoors, and my stove is electrci (so boiling 2.5 or more gallons is a problem). Induction stoves would boil 2.5 in a flash, i am just wondering if anyone has used these before and if it is a viable option?

I'm building a system with 2 of these. Portable Induction Cooktop They run off of a 110 outlet and boil 5 gallons in 25-30 minutes. They can be found online for $100-$120. The only issue is the size of the cooking zone is only 8" which means you can only use a pot with a max diameter of around 10-11". The only SS pot that I could find to work is the 10 gallon Blichmann BoilerMaker. Any bigger and it will not evenly heat the pot.

Latest posts

Back