Indian spammers rofl do they think it works?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't think about it. They get paid to post their links EVERYWHERE online. If even a very small percentage get clicked, it might generate revenue for the person who hired them to post. They might make money with the scam or by infecting computers with a payload.

Don't think for a second that some guy in Pakistan, China, Russia or wherever is actually picking and choosing places to post links. They are hired by companies and governments to get people to click on links. And they do that by spreading the links en masse.

It's profitable and they aren't ever seeing the site. Basically the spam is all coming from either infected computers a server somewhere, they aren't trying to get even 1% of a response, they're trying to get just the dumbest few. Clicking on the link either infects your computer with malware that could do a variety of things or if you're dumb enough to enter your credit card information on a spam site, your information for identity theft. One raid on one eastern European crime family found they made millions of dollars from spam and malware just like this stuff on the site.

"Awww Crap...... I hope SWMBO didn't see those links!"

Now that is just too funny! I'm certainly glad I wasn't taking a sip!

Back