Indian Pale ALE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maescobarl

Reaction score
Hi Camaradas, 2 weeks ago, made an Indian Pale ALE, the process was nice, the first 4 days the yeast made its work, day 8, made a transfer to a second fermenter everything was ok, today I'll bottle but I see the wort still fermenting and bubbles moving in the wort, I forget to take the density, do you know, how many days do I have to wait for bottling??

In two weeks it should be done fermenting. Take gravity readings to be sure. 2 readings a day apart with the same numbers. If the beer is at FG and clear you can bottle it.

Bubbles in the airlock might just be some co2 coming out of solution. I have seen bubbles in my airlock of a beer that was about a month in. It had reached FG long before. The weather was changing so I attribute it to temperature or atmospheric pressure changes.

Wait til it's totally finished bubbling. Even then, it's usually not totally finished. The best thing to do is take a hydrometer reading and see exactly where it's at. Most IPAs finish around 1.010-1.012 (roughly).

Hi Camaradas, got the last gravity 2 weeks ago, everything was good (1.010), now it takes 2 weeks in bottles, really hope the taste will be nice!

I mention 2 months ago, I brew a stout, the first week in the first fermentor, second week to the second and add 400 gms of raspberry, it took 7 weeks in fermentor, now bottled, the beer has a few raspberry flavor, its very delicious!

Now a Cholate Porter is in the first fermentor today I'll take de gravity, if the gravity's beer is ok, I'll bottled, without second fermentation... is it possibe?

Regards

Chocolate porter FG. 1.019 after 10 days in first fermentor, now is bottled...

Now I've some questions....

Whats better Blichman 30 gals pots (Expensive), or made with another small fraficant (Cheap) Do I've to open a new post?

Best regards

Back