in search of chocolate milk stout extract recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhanley1

Reaction score
Looking into brewing my first stout to distribute for xmas gifts. Looking for tips and recipe suggestions

Have a look at the recipes section. Another great resource is BYO

They have numerous stout recipes. There is a lot of variation in the style, but if you are bent on chocolate stout, use the highest quality cocoa powder you can find. Not the junk filled with additives and fillers.

Just did one, here's what I used. It's in the bottles now. I'm going to crack one this weekend to see how it is. Gave two bottles to a friend and he couldn't wait. He opened one early and said it was fantastic. Fingers crossed!!

Milk chocolate stout

1 lb Crystal 60
1 lb Flaked Oats
12 oz Roasted Barley
8 oz Chocolate Malt

6lb dark DME
1lb Lactose

1.5 oz Kent Goldings @ 60 min
.5 oz Kent Goldings @ 20 min
8 oz Hershey's unsweetened Cocoa Powder @ 10 min

Irish Ale yeast

4.5oz cocoa nibs soaked in vodka. (secondary)

Just did one, here's what I used. It's in the bottles now. I'm going to crack one this weekend to see how it is. Gave two bottles to a friend and he couldn't wait. He opened one early and said it was fantastic. Fingers crossed!!

Milk chocolate stout

1 lb Crystal 60
1 lb Flaked Oats
12 oz Roasted Barley
8 oz Chocolate Malt

6lb dark DME
1lb Lactose

1.5 oz Kent Goldings @ 60 min
.5 oz Kent Goldings @ 20 min
8 oz Hershey's unsweetened Cocoa Powder @ 10 min

Irish Ale yeast

4.5oz cocoa nibs soaked in vodka. (secondary)

5 gallon boil?

I brewed a Cocolate Milk Stout extract kit from Northern Brewer about 3 weeks ago. Its chilling in the secondary at the moment so I can't tell you about the finished beer but it looks promising.

Jester0925 said:
I brewed a Cocolate Milk Stout extract kit from Northern Brewer about 3 weeks ago. Its chilling in the secondary at the moment so I can't tell you about the finished beer but it looks promising.

This was my first homebrew. Came out awesome!

Latest posts

Back