In Portland...any beer suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naristov

Reaction score
My friend is in Portland and I live on the east coast, any beer sugestions. Locations would be great too.

Pick a direction. Walk10 paces. Order a beer.
Seriously, Portland is the beer Mecca. Deschutes is one of my favorites. Rogue always has interesting stuff on tap too. Locals can probably point you toward lesser known spots.

Cascade brewing! All sours- well mostly sours. They had one Pale while I was there. And you absolutely have to visit Hopworks Urban Brewing, take a pic of you on the keg bike and post it back to this thread. HUB is one of my favorite breweries.

My Buddy is a Local and his favorite Red is at Laurelwood. Great T shirt

***looking at Cascade's website- they may have a lot more different beers when I was there but I sampled more sours there then any other place I've been to.

Sorry. I should of clarified. :) she doesn't like beer. I like beer. I need a place she can pick up a bottle or two

Belmont station :mug: they have a whole section dedicated to NW brews.
there are others, but thats the easiest one to find in portland beer store wise

Try Belmont Station (around SE 47th & Stark). Or honestly, depending what you're looking for - the grocery store. Or the gas station. It's not hard to find good beer around here :)

I highly recommend Saraveza... It has a very quaint, nostalgic feel. Any place that has a great beer list AND a free bacon night is alright by me.

EDIT: Just read your clarification. And I concur that you need look no further than Belmont Station.

Re-EDIT: Damn! They've got Pliny on tap and I'm in IL...

A lot of people miss Hopworks when they come to Portland. It tends to get overshadowed by some of the larger breweries. Definitely check them out. If you don't feel like you need to go to a brewpub, Belmont Station is beer heaven. For a German pub experience, try Prost. If you're into Sours, check out Cascade Brewing. If you're into IPAs, check out Widmer's current experimental taps.

Pick a direction. Walk10 paces. Order a beer.
Seriously, Portland is the beer Mecca. Deschutes is one of my favorites. Rogue always has interesting stuff on tap too. Locals can probably point you toward lesser known spots.

Pretty much this.

I think Portland is the city with the most breweries per capita, or per population, or something like that. Bottom line, there is going to be a brewery pretty much anywhere you look.

Some I have heard of:
Rogue
Deschutes
Hair of the Dog

Latest posts

Back