In Illa Brettanomyces Nos Fides

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDutchman

Reaction score
Experiment time!
I recently made a light (OG 1.040) helles to build up a yeast cake for a maibock. Unfortunately, I got too anxious to use my nice yeast cake and now have a heavily buttered popcorn helles. What's a guy to do?
I remembered from Wild Brews that brett cleans up the diacetyl spit out by pedio. Tonight I dumped three pounds of peach puree into a fermentor and dispensed the butter-lager on top of it. I added White Labs Sour Mix and some Brett C I had laying around. Now I wait...

Any thought on how this will turn out? Do I have a chance at something tasty a year from now?

Re: The exotic yeasts, I had picked them up a while back with the intent to do a brett'd saison and a cuvee de tomme clone. I brewed the saison, but it is too delicious to mess with the brett. I never got around to brewing the huge belgian for the cuvee de tomme and the sour blend was getting old so...

Any feedback on this??? How did the beer turn out after the Brett finished it's work?

I haven't gotten around to carbing this up. It's still got a bit of a pelicle on top, so I've been just letting it be. I'll be sure to post results once I sample it.

Back