in desperate need of a little help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtisbrewer

Reaction score
im am in the middle of a brutus type build and have just spent three hours searching this forum and everywhere else possible, i have already installed a beam to mount bg12's to all three pockets. this is for doing 5 gallon batches with some occasional ten gallon batches.

I was unable to locate any information on what orifices to run on these burners on low pressure. all i was able to find was people saying that they should run bg 14's because the 12's can't perform.

i need some opinions and help desperately, i don't think i can search any longer. if grinding off the mounting beam and running 14's is in all honesty my best option then i would like to know now so i do not move any further with piping the gas and what not and make the change now.

all your help is appreciated, if i keep searching and searching any longer i think ill go insane.

From what I read the BG14s are High Pressure burners. You may need to replace your regulator to get the performance you want out of them. I think I read they require about 20 PSI to operate properly. Orifice size can be adjusted by drilling, but first get the pressure you want then step the orifice size up a little at a time until you can adjust for a nice blue flame with small yellow tips.

I had the same issue wasn't able to find anything definitive on line for an orifice. Your best bet is to remove the current one and take it to some shops for a little direction or just drill it. I ended up going with 14s mainly because I upgraded to larger kettles anyway. The bg-14 does have a conversion kit available all over.

Thanks for your help guys , I ended up ordering some 14's as well , even if the 12 were going to cut it I don't wanna be making another project out of it down the road when I NEED 14s , time to break out the cuttin wheels

Back