• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Immersion Chiller for Plate Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burgs

Reaction score
Alright, I have this chiller:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004D4MTZI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

and would like to trade for a comparable duda diesel or similar plate chiller that has low miles on it.

Mine is 50' long, made out of 1/2" copper, with garden hose fittings. It's great, but I'm not doing 10 gal batches with it like I thought I would, so half of the coils are left exposed instead of being down in the wort. So, it's not the most efficient tool for my brewing setup.

I'd like to find someone out there that has a plate chiller but is in a similar situation - i.e. they haven't used it much and are thinking an IC would work better in their setup. I have long been a proponent of IC vs. other styles of chillers but this one just isn't working for me.

I'd prefer to get something that I don't need to like bake in the oven for hours to get to a usable state. Please be honest about how much use it has seen. I would also prefer garden hose fittings for the water in/out but if you don't have that, let me know what you have instead.

PM me if you want to try and work something out! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I have been looking for this exact trade for a long time as I decided to go BIAB and an immersion chiller would be so much easier. I have http://www.kegcowboy.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=310 with 2 1/2" barbs and 2 female hose adapters. I have ran sanitizer through it but never beer. Could you give me the length/width of the coils as well as overall length?
Thanks

Actually, I think I get it on the fittings. Would love to do this trade if those measurements on the IC work for you.

Just to add my 2 cents, I have this IC, and I think it's excellent.

What I like is that the coils start low, so its useful for 5 gallon batches.
What I do to raise the water level is put in a couple of of 2 liter sanitized plastic bottles , with water in them.

I use this chiller for 5 gallon batches, and eventually for 10 gallon batches.

Alright, I have this chiller:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004D4MTZI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

and would like to trade for a comparable duda diesel or similar plate chiller that has low miles on it.

Mine is 50' long, made out of 1/2" copper, with garden hose fittings. It's great, but I'm not doing 10 gal batches with it like I thought I would, so half of the coils are left exposed instead of being down in the wort. So, it's not the most efficient tool for my brewing setup.

I'd like to find someone out there that has a plate chiller but is in a similar situation - i.e. they haven't used it much and are thinking an IC would work better in their setup. I have long been a proponent of IC vs. other styles of chillers but this one just isn't working for me.

I'd prefer to get something that I don't need to like bake in the oven for hours to get to a usable state. Please be honest about how much use it has seen. I would also prefer garden hose fittings for the water in/out but if you don't have that, let me know what you have instead.

PM me if you want to try and work something out! Thanks!

Ah, Burgs. Ive been looking for the same trade for a little while. I have the following plate chiller from Duda Diesel. If your other trade falls through let me know and I will do the trade.

http://www.dudadiesel.com/choose_item.php?id=HX1220BWGH

I only used mine once then backflushed with PBW and baked it so its good to go. I realize this one is a little cheaper than your immersion so if you want to do something to bridge the gap thats fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back