I'm sorry sir you've had too much...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had that happen, and then one night after 2 rogue double dead guys and a few other drinks I closed my tab and left.

That night I crashed my car.

Bartenders who do not cut people off, ARE held accountable, and should exercise their right and not only on those who "look wobbly".

I can hold my liquor and beer, but what I had that night kicked my a$$.

Yes I was fine, yes the bartender lost his/her (not im not saying who or what city/bar, not my home town) license and was fined/fired.

I did not receive a citation. I also no longer EVER take a sip at a bar and drive.

I homebrew and snooze it off on the couch.
So let me get this straight. You drank too much, left the bar and crashed your car. No police officers showed up to give you a DUI? So that tells me, you crashed your car either had it towed or driven home some how. Then in your ultimate wisdom decided to tell authorities about the bar or sued for damages to your car?

I maybe dumb but how does a bar/bartender get burned for you smashing your car and you do not get a drunk driving charge?

if you were not charged with drunk driving then how could the bar be at fault for your car crash?

and if it is because of some video of you drinking alcohol then going to your car and driving, then why didn't the same video get you a dwi/dui?

all the best

S_M

Good lawyers$$ ? Good lyers,I mean..cough,cough.

One of my sisters friends turned twenty one a few years ago and was ridiculously over served to the point where she almost fell down a flight of stairs. So I asked a bouncer to cut her off. The girls got mad at me but the next day she thanked me

I've been cut off a couple times, always at bars where I was a regular. Stopped drinking in bars so that doesn't happen now.

As for CCBrewer, it's clear that the bar was legally at fault, but that does nothing to diminish your responsibility. If you've learned a lesson from this and no longer drink and drive, that's good news. But just because the legal system gave you a pass doesn't mean society will.

One New Year's Day, my brother and I were at a bar in Madison, where I tripped over a stool that was in front of the door, while on my way back from the bathroom. It was dark, and a sober person would have tripped. I was politely asked to leave, at which point I had to restrain myself, before becoming uncontrollably belligerent. Took a cab home, slept it off, and watched the Badgers get royally shellacked at the Bowl game.

I've never been thrown out of a bar since. It helps not to go to bars often enough to do anything too stupid.

I *vaguely* remember getting cut off in a bar in Brattleboro with Glibbidy, Kai, Hippie, olllllllllllllllllllllllllllo, and a whole bunch of other HBT'ers several years back. I blame Kai; he's a silly, silly drunk, which you'd never guess when he's giving some serious lecture on water chemistry with James Spencer. I don't remember a whole lot about that night other that it was a helluva good time and that's the only time I've been cut off in a bar.

Going to an after-work happy hour one time at a new bar. I was a little late getting out of the office, and the party had already started when I got there.
The bar area was pitch black, and had a row of tables right in front of the entryway. Anyway, I tripped over a one of the chairs, sent it flying across the concrete floor, and went down on my can. While bumping a table getting back to my feet, one of my a****** friends yells out "Woops, time to cut him off".
The waitress apparently agreed, and I was told they couldn't serve an already intoxicated person...

Well, the table blew up laughing, and the waitress was starting to look a little uncertain (I don't think she'd ever had to cut someone off before).

I gave my winningest smile, and in a crisp, clear voice, ordered an ice tea and something to eat.

After an hour or so, it was pretty clear that I hadn't had a thing to drink that day, so she asked if I wanted something.
"No ma'am! overserving is a serious problem, and I wouldn't think of asking you to go against your better judgement."

All they had was BMC on tap anyway, the iced tea was less watered down.

Gave her a good tip when she had to close out; and got a great story out of the whole affair.

On reflection, I think some of us (including me) have probably been a little hard on CCBrewer. He says he stopped drinking and driving after his wreck, and that's accepting responsibility for his own actions in a big way.

After reading through the thread, I see one poster saying "hey, I screwed up and now I don't drink and drive because I see how wrong it is" followed by a bunch of other people telling him that he is immoral and terrible.

Hey, dude made a mistake. He shouldn't have. He has amended his ways.

I agree that in a perfect world, he would have faced a legal penalty. He didn't. So, seeing that he got away with one, he changed his ways. He can't go back in time and undo what he did. He can't go back in time and make the cop arrest him. All he can do is not repeat the offense, which he has said clearly he will never do again.

It must be nice to have never made a mistake. I'm so glad HBT is full of perfect souls who have never made a mistake. It's uplifting to be in such inspiring company.

We've all made mistakes, been caught and/or learned a valuable lesson, and grown from the experience. That's how we grow from child to man, and from man to wise man. (woman too).

It would be nice if we just listened to the advice of our elders and always did the right thing. That just isn't reality.

So, let's shut down this thread and hope that someone might take a lesson away from it: a cautionary tale. I want to sincerely thank anyone who posted in this thread. No matter how much you were chastised, know that others will learn from it and potentially be served by the lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back