I'm officially a brewer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jleiwig

Reaction score
Well Yesterday I started a 1 gallon batch of Joe's ancient orange mead, and today I just started a 1 gallon batch of Edwort's Apfelwein. The JOAM smells like rhino farts (I used rc 212 instead of bread yeast)!

Still on my agenda are an actual concord/raspberry wine, and some skeeterpee. I need to pick up a couple more gallon carboys and such, then it will be time!

As you can tell I do off-centered wines. Why do a Cabernet Savignon when I can do Skeeter Pee? Right?

Here they are in my "winery" :)

Winery.jpg

Congrats! It's an excellent, and very addictive, hobby. Haha and I can tell you from experience that the 1 gallon carboys tend to multiply pretty rapidly...

QUOTE]I can tell you from experience that the 1 gallon carboys tend to multiply pretty rapidly...[/QUOTE]

This is true.....I have 4 under airlocks now and 4 more waiting to be filled

What Doc CAD said, and did they ban you from the zoo for going around sniffing the rhinos' butts?

Welcome! I have a batch of JAOM sitting in the gallon jug, and some cider I wouldn't even mention in polite company :-D It was a dead easy start, wasn't it? I'm excited to try it too!

For the sake of good grace - in the future, meads go in the mead forum.. apfelwein I guess could go in wine or cider depending. The lines do blur once you get out of beer, and that's why many of us just haunt the entire nonbeer section, but you'll get better answers if you ask questions in the right specialties.

Back